Tuesday 1 December 2009

What a Night!

Surreal is a term overused nowadays but I honestly think we can say we had a surreal evening tonight!

I saw in the news that they were showing some Brazilian films at the Mexican Cultural Institute tonight, so ,as we are really starved of films here, we went along at 7.

The Mexican Cultural Attache welcomed us and the next couple who turned up were English and and we chatted. Liz asked what they were doing in Belize and he said 'I'm the British High Commissioner and this is my wife'. They were very normal and pleasant.

The Brazilian and Mexican Ambassadors then came with the Costa Rican ambassador, but the funniest thing was when a second cultural attache came along with his Brazilian wife, who kissed all the diplomats and then proceeded to kiss Liz and I, presumably assuming that we were diplomats too!!

There was no-one else there.

How we have laughed since we have returned home!

They told us that all the ambassadors play ping pong on Monday nights!

The film was called ' My name is not Johnny' and was excellent .

We are going again on Thursday and will report again then.

1 comment: